Pages

Sunday, January 18, 2015

January tag of 2015

So I've recently fallen in love with tags and have decided to play along with Tim Holtz 12 tags of 2015.  Here is my version of January's tag.  I am not quite as confident as some to wander too far from the pattern but I'm hoping this will help build my confidence.
I didn't have many of the items used and I am a little afraid of acrylic paint so this was good for me.

Tim's tissue paper reminded me of a map so I chose to use a page from an old atlas.


Next I added a light blue acrylic paint, sprayed it with water and swished it around with my fingers.  I love getting my fingers into it.  I dried it then sprayed with silver perfect pearls.  

I used my cricut and the Old West cartridge to cut out the word twenty and the numbers.  I didn't like the one so I used 15 and just the word twenty.  I colored the words with black and distressed with copper stain.  I covered the numbers in fine glitter.  

Next step was the words.  I didn't have any word sheets and I wanted them to be more personal to me.  I made up my own wordsheets.  I printed them off on my computer and then cut them out.  I also wanted them to be in different fonts and sizes.

I used distress inks to tone down the white of the copy paper and black CTMH ink to edge each word piece I chose.  I also used a blending pen and the black to outline the twenty.
Next came the ribbons and the embellies.  I had fun going through my jars of metal embellishments. 
I am happy with the final outcome and the little bit of me I've added to the project.






No comments:

Post a Comment