Pages

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Believe in you - art journal

I watched a whole bunch of video's on You Tube and got so many ideas of things I could do with my new stuff and with my scrapbooking that I decided to start an art journal.

This is my first project.  My sis is going through some really tough stuff and has been on my heart a lot lately.  So when I started this I kept thinkin about her and praying for her and wound up doing a layout for her inadvertently.

I decided to do a mosaic.  I found a vintage picture on the internet and printed it out.  I will build around it.



So I started by tearing a page of music from a piano book I bought at the thrift store and gluing it to a piece of card stock.  I also took two scrap pieces of card stock and using adirondak sprays I colored them with Stream, Cranberry and Butterscotch.  I also glued aluminum foil to two different pieces of cardstock.  I ran these through my cuddlebug.  Creating a vingage ceiling tile look.

 
 
I used a black acryclic paint dauber and went over the whole "tile"  and then after it dried I rubbed it with a damp baby wipe to remove some of the paint.  This gave it an antigue look and it was lots of fun too!! 
 

 
 
I watered down some gesso and gave the pages a light white wash.  I added some Washi tape in three different patterns and stamped randomly with rose and script stamps.  Then I used CTMH ink Brown Bag, Cotton Candy and Twighlight to lightly smudge the tape and paper.  I also used the gesso to randomly streak the three cards of paper.  then I covered them with matte Mod Podge to seal it.  Once everything had completely dried I cut the pages and part of one of the tiles into random sizes and began to lay them out on the base page in my journal. ( I had already prepared the page with gesso and black paint and sealed it with the Mod Podge.)  Once I had my pattern I glued the pieces in place and prepared th vintage "photo".
 
I cut the small picture out and antiqued with vintage photo ink and sealed with gloss Mod Podge.  Then using my Sophisticated cartridge I cut an ornate frame from some ugly card stock I had.  I then embossed it with black and gold fragment embossing powder.  I glued the picture to a card stock and then gluded the frame to that. 
 
Next I stamped my sentiment onto off white card stock and brushed the edges with STMH inks.  I them assembled the page and glued everything in place.  I really like the way the page turned out.
 
 
 



 


No comments:

Post a Comment