This is my first project. My sis is going through some really tough stuff and has been on my heart a lot lately. So when I started this I kept thinkin about her and praying for her and wound up doing a layout for her inadvertently.
I decided to do a mosaic. I found a vintage picture on the internet and printed it out. I will build around it.
So I started by tearing a page of music from a piano book I bought at the thrift store and gluing it to a piece of card stock. I also took two scrap pieces of card stock and using adirondak sprays I colored them with Stream, Cranberry and Butterscotch. I also glued aluminum foil to two different pieces of cardstock. I ran these through my cuddlebug. Creating a vingage ceiling tile look.
I used a black acryclic paint dauber and went over the whole "tile" and then after it dried I rubbed it with a damp baby wipe to remove some of the paint. This gave it an antigue look and it was lots of fun too!!
I watered down some gesso and gave the pages a light white wash. I added some Washi tape in three different patterns and stamped randomly with rose and script stamps. Then I used CTMH ink Brown Bag, Cotton Candy and Twighlight to lightly smudge the tape and paper. I also used the gesso to randomly streak the three cards of paper. then I covered them with matte Mod Podge to seal it. Once everything had completely dried I cut the pages and part of one of the tiles into random sizes and began to lay them out on the base page in my journal. ( I had already prepared the page with gesso and black paint and sealed it with the Mod Podge.) Once I had my pattern I glued the pieces in place and prepared th vintage "photo".
I cut the small picture out and antiqued with vintage photo ink and sealed with gloss Mod Podge. Then using my Sophisticated cartridge I cut an ornate frame from some ugly card stock I had. I then embossed it with black and gold fragment embossing powder. I glued the picture to a card stock and then gluded the frame to that.
Next I stamped my sentiment onto off white card stock and brushed the edges with STMH inks. I them assembled the page and glued everything in place. I really like the way the page turned out.