Pages

Sunday, September 29, 2013

watercolor christmas card


 
My daughter and I took a stamping & watercolor class at our local store, Artsy.  I knew immediately I would need to pull out some old stamps and start playing.  I created this for the challenge over at Make it Sweet and Neat.  http://makeitsweetandneat.com/ and http://ynschallenges.blogspot.com/
 
 
 
I was having so much fun working on it that I forgot to take pictures along the way... so I took one picture showing many of the products I used, and a mid stage shot.
 
 
 
 
The products I used were:
 
Spellbinders cut and emboss Create-a-Flake
Tomboy the Craft Collection markers
generic watercolor paper
A VERY old Stampendous precious moments stamp - Winter Song
Sentiment stamped from a not as old stamp of unkown origin 
Cuddlebug snowflake emboss folder
CTMH Inkpads
Ranger Archival Black inkpad
Misc. scrap papers
 
I inked the negative side of the embossing folder with CTMH Twighlight ink then ran plain white cardstock through for my two side panels.  I stamped my image on watercolor paper and "painted" with the tomboy markers and a small brush.  If you look closely you can see I added puffy snow with a Snow Marker.  
 
For the finishing touch I added purple jewels to the corner and center of the snowflakes.  It was a lot of fun, of course anytime I get to combine scrapbooking and Christmas is a GREAT time!
 
 
 




2 comments:

  1. Adorable! Thank you for playing along with YNS this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I had fun doing the challenge.

    ReplyDelete