Pages

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

challenge scraps card

This one is short but sweet.   Using some of the left over papers, ribbons and paper roses I made a second card.

I actually measured and drew placement lines for the 3 blocks that would make the front of my card.  (my friend Nicole would be so proud!)


Using my Tattered Angle Glimmer Spray I lightly misted the front and inside of the card.  I held the card at an angle and sprayed from the corner in so it would give me a light but wide spread.
Then I adhered the base blocks with my trusty Elmer’s tape runner.  (love that stuff)  and cut out my other papers.  3 pieces at 1” by 2.75” and 3 squares at 1.25”
I then loosly measured ribbon to just fit under the rectangles and over the top of the card.  I did 2 pieces in green and 1 in orange. 


I placed the rectangles on the card just leaving about an 1/8th of an inch around one side and bottom of background paper showing.  I stamped my sentiment onto the center square and put them in place.
I finished off the white roses by misting them with the same Tattered Angle Glimmer Mist.  Using Zots I placed them on the center square.  Then embellished with some small pearl stickons.
I put together some more  layering pieces and stamped my sentiment to place inside the card to finish it off.


The final card came out awesome.  I think it will make a great anniversary card for my husband! 



No comments:

Post a Comment